Oct 24, 2011

Can a Sister Get a Little Time???

Naturally, my sister is one of my best friends but I haven’t spoken to her for a while.  I mean really spoken to her.  Sure I speak to her on an almost daily basis whether it’s over the phone, via Skype, or BBM.  (She lives in London and I’m in Chicago).  It isn’t the time-difference that makes communication a challenge though….It’s this little nugget.   
Who does she think she is in that little hat???


My sister is a different kind of housewife—the stay-at-home mom of a 10 month-old toddler.  My adorable and gorgeous niece Lara is definitely a handful.  Always bouncing around curiously playing with things, and discovering the world around her.  I love every inch of her fat little body, but she needs to give her mother some space or at least learn how to share her!  Can a sister get a little time???

My sister’s BBM conversations now consist of 2 word responses with picture after picture of the precious little one.  Our telephone conversations sound something like: 
London: “Hey how are y….Baby Laraaaa wanna talk on the big-girl phone?  Ok, here talk to Auntie” 
Me (Chicago): “Hello Lara.”
London: “’odijfrog’epr;mg’;df da da dada dfgkdf;gll"….DIAL TONE.

Our very limited face-to-face conversations on Skype usually look/sound something like this: 



Don’t get me wrong, I love that little bundle of turds, but I do NOT love the endless baby talk.  I don’t understand why everyone instantly becomes a wide-eyed brainless 2 year old when a baby is in the room.  We are all guilty of this!  I am probably the best example.  Anytime I see an adorable little baby (especially my niece) I forget that I am a self-respecting 27 year old and start goo-ing and gaa-ing, speaking like a high-pitched tyke, barely able to put a proper sentence together.  Sometimes I don’t even realize I’m doing it! 

All I’m saying is I miss having my sister around to speak to.  Of course, if I had a little nugget as cute as her I wouldn’t want to spend a moment without her either!  She’s so cute I could just eat her.   Just look at that angel face!  If she were mine, she’d definitely be missing a couple of fingers and toes…  

Don't be fooled by that sweet little face... 
Look at that pout...Attitude! 
(Note the baby talk in this video too)



1 comment:

  1. She is adorable God bless her! If I was your sister it would be hard for me to, you and your niece are two beautiful creatures, how do you decide? lol!

    ReplyDelete